Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first competition in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- City of Montgomery
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System
2018 Final Event
Congratulations to everyone who participated!
- Watch the Final Event on YouTube
- View photos of the Final Event
- Read who won the team and individual prizes
News Release: Scale Back Alabama announces 2018 prize winners
Video: Big Mo’s Update | Big Mo’s Weigh-In
Video: Live Action Nick & James Spann Part 1 & Part 2
Video: Participants Jon Howard & Jonathan Straiton
Video: Register Now! | Local Coordinators Needed
News Release: Scale Back Alabama kicks off its 12th year (01/11/18)
Scale Back Alabama App
The Scale Back Alabama app is available for Android and Apple mobile devices. Download the FREE app from Google Play or Apple Store today. Continue to use the app even after the competition is complete. Learn more.