Scale Back Alabama 2019 News
Congratulations to everyone who participated in Scale Back Alabama 2019! Mark your calendar for December 2019 to sign up for the 2020 program.
- Watch the Final Event on YouTube
- View photos of the Final Event – Coming Soon
- Read who won the team and individual prizes
- News Release: Scale Back Alabama announces 2019 prize winners
- More News>>
100 Alabama Miles Challenge
Looking for a new healthy challenge now that the Scale Back Alabama competition is over? Check out the 100 Alabama Miles Challenge, which encourages you to walk, run, hike, bike, swim, paddle, ride or roll 100 miles each year. Learn more at 100alabamamiles.org.
Scale Back Alabama App
The Scale Back Alabama mobile app is available for Android and Apple mobile devices. Download the FREE app from Google Play or Apple Store today. Continue to use the app even though the competition is complete. Learn more.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- City of Montgomery
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss campaign designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first challenge in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.