Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first competition in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- City of Montgomery
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System
2018 Contest Kicks Off
Scale Back Alabama kicks off its 12th year (01/11/18)
Save the Date 2018
Dec. 1, 2017 (Friday) – Online Pre-Registration Opens
January 9 (Tuesday) – Kick-Off
January 22-28 (Monday-Sunday) – Weigh-In Week
April 2-8 (Monday-Sunday) – Weigh-Out Week
April 17 (Tuesday) – Final Event and Cash Prize Drawings
Registration for the Scale Back Alabama 2018 competition is now open. Visit Join for more information on how to register online. You can also register using the Scale Back Alabama mobile app. Download the free app from Google Play or Apple Store today. Continue to use the app even after the competition is complete.