Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a statewide weight-loss contest designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first contest in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama 2014 Final Event
Scale Back Alabama 2014 has come to an end! We hope you and your team met your goals and are ready for the next step in your healthy lifelong journey.
Our final event will take place on Friday, April 25, and you can watch it live online beginning at 10 a.m. CST. Gina McDonald, this year's spokesperson, will be on hand to draw the names of the winning teams and share her reflections on the contest.
If you have any questions, visit our FAQ page. Thanks to everyone who participated this year!
Team Name Contest
The Scale Back Alabama Team Name Contest has come to an end and we have two winners! Find out who won!
Scale Back Alabama 2014 Dates
- January 16 – Statewide Contest Kickoff
- January 18-24 – First Week of Contest; Beginning Weights Recorded
- March 17-23 – Voting for Team Name Contest
- March 24 – Team Name Contest Winner Announced
- April 5-11 – Final Week of Contest; Ending Weights Recorded
- April 25 – Final Event; Announcement of Winners and Prizes
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.