2018 Contest Timeline
January 22-28 (Monday-Sunday) – Weigh-In Week
April 2-8 (Monday-Sunday) – Weigh-Out Week
April 17 (Tuesday) – Final Event and Cash Prize Drawings
The registration and initial weigh-in week for Scale Back Alabama 2018 is officially over. Sorry, but we cannot accept any additional registrations or weigh-ins. If you missed the deadline to register and weigh in (January 28, 2018), please feel free to join us on your weight loss journey. You can still utilize our Health Tips and Resources, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter. Mark your calendar for December 2018 to sign up for next year.
- Review our Guidelines to Participation.
- Download our free Scale Back Alabama app used for tracking your weight, diet, and health goals.
- You should be receiving a weekly health tip via email starting in February. If you don’t receive it, check your spam filter for emails from email@example.com. If you don’t find it, email that address and let us know.
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first competition in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- City of Montgomery
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System