SBA 2019 News
Scale Back Alabama 2019 is underway. If you missed the deadline to register and weigh in (January 27, 2019), please feel free to join us on your weight loss journey. You can still utilize our Health Tips and Resources, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. Mark your calendar for December 2019 to sign up for the 2020 program.
Watch Weekly Live Webinars hosted by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama – Thursdays at 11:30 a.m. CT. Learn more and watch past webinars on demand.
January 15 (Tuesday) – Kick-Off Event
January 21-27 (Monday-Sunday) – Weigh-In Week
April 1-7 (Monday-Sunday) – Weigh-Out Week
April 16 (Tuesday) – Final Event and Cash Prize Drawings
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- City of Montgomery
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss campaign designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first challenge in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.