Scale Back Alabama is now in full swing, and registration for this year’s contest is closed. If you missed it this year, keep us in mind for 2018. You can still utilize our Health Tips and Resources, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
If you are participating, you should be receiving a weekly health tip via email. If you are not receiving the email, check your spam filter for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not find it, email that address, and let us know.
- Weigh-Out Week: March 15-22
- Final Event: April 5
Scale Back Alabama App
The Scale Back Alabama app is available for Android and Apple mobile devices. Download the FREE app from Google Play or Apple Store today. Continue to use the app even after the competition is complete. Learn more.
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first competition in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds! Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System