Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss program designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first competition in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Alabama Hospital Association
- Baptist Health, Montgomery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Business Council of Alabama
- City of Montgomery
- East Alabama Medical Center
- Fresh Air Family
- Governor’s Commission on Physical Fitness and Sports
- Huntsville Hospital
- St. Vincent’s Health System
- UAB Health System
Congratulations on your hard work over these last couple of months! To be eligible for the prize drawings, you must have lost at least 10 pounds and must weigh out during the week of April 2-8 (Monday-Sunday). To locate a public weigh-out site near you, search by county. Note: This list is being updated daily, so check back frequently if you do not see a weigh-out site near you.
Scale Back Alabama App
The Scale Back Alabama app is available for Android and Apple mobile devices. Download the FREE app from Google Play or Apple Store today. Continue to use the app even after the competition is complete. Learn more.