Scale Back Alabama 2018
News Release: Scale Back Alabama announces 2018 prize winners
Video: Final Event
Video: Big Mo’s Update | Big Mo’s Weigh-In
Video: Live Action Nick & James Spann Part 1 & Part 2
Video: Participants Jon Howard & Jonathan Straiton
Video: Register Now! | Local Coordinators Needed
News Release: Scale Back Alabama kicks off its 12th year (01/11/18)
- Number of local coordinators: 459
- Total teams participating: 9,190
- Number of individuals participating: 18,380
- Number of teams on which each team member lost 10 pounds: 901
- Number of individuals who lost any weight: 6,136
- Total pounds lost: 60,689
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss campaign designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first challenge in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.