Due to COVID-19, Scale Back Alabama did not have weigh-outs in 2020. Instead of just a few large cash prizes, we did a drawing for 100 smaller cash prizes. Congratulations to all the 2020 individual winners and school winners! The winners will be notified by email. We want to encourage you to continue on your healthy lifestyle journey and make plans to participate again in 2021!
Save the Dates
- January 20-26, 2020 – Weigh-In Week
- April 6-12, 2020 – Weigh-Out Week
- April 21, 2020 – Final Event
Scale Back Alabama 2020 News
- Read News Release: Scale Back Alabama kicks off 2020 campaign
- Number of local coordinators: 483
- Total teams participating: 8,841
- Number of individuals participating: 17,682
- Number of teams on which each team member lost 10 pounds: 843
- Number of individuals who lost at least 10 pounds: 3,252
- Total pounds lost: 51,195
Scale Back Alabama 2019 News
- Watch the Final Event on YouTube
- View photos of the Final Event – Coming Soon
- Read who won the team and individual prizes
- News Release: Scale Back Alabama announces 2019 prize winners
- Watch Weekly Videos with 2019 Official Personal Trainer Ashley
- Read News Release: Scale Back Alabama kicks off 2019 campaign
- Kick-Off Event: View Photos | Watch Video
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss campaign designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first challenge in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.