Team and Individual prizes for the 2015 contest will be announced during a webcast on April 24. Individual prizes will be posted on the Scale Back Alabama website about two hours after the conclusion of the webcast.
- To be eligible for team prizes, each team member must lose at least 10 pounds during the 10-week contest, as recorded by a coordinator at an official Scale Back Alabama weigh-in site.
- Winning teams are determined by a random drawing from all eligible teams.
- The first 3 teams drawn win $1,000 per team member, or a total of $2,000 for the entire team.
- The second 3 teams drawn win $500 per team member, or a total of $1,000 for the entire team.
- The final 3 teams drawn win $250 per team member, or a total of $500 for the entire team.
- All individuals who lose at least 10 pounds, as recorded by a coordinator at an official Scale Back Alabama weigh-in site, are eligible for an individual prize, regardless of their team’s achievement. However, individuals that are drawn for a team prize are not eligible to win the individual prizes.
- From the pool of eligible contestants, 40 individuals drawn win one of 40 achievement prizes of $100 per person.
- The individual prize drawings are conducted following the April 24 webcast announcing team prizes and are posted on the Scale Back Alabama website approximately two hours after the conclusion of the webcast.
Half-Way There Prizes
- All individuals who register and use the online tracker by March 2 will be entered into a drawing for one of ten $50 prizes.
- The Half-Way There prize drawings will be conducted electronically and winners will be posted on the Scale Back Alabama website.