Scale Back Alabama is dependent on local businesses, churches, gyms and other community organizations to serve as official weigh-in sites. We hope your organization will participate. Learn more by viewing our Coordinator Invite!
What does a weigh-in site do?
There are two types of weigh-in sites: a private site where you would only weigh your own employees or members; and a public site, which is open to anyone in your community (we always need plenty of these!). Here are the basic responsibilities for both:
- Promote the weigh-in in January and weigh-out in April ahead of time, using online promotional materials and free posters you can download from the Scale Back Alabama website. Dates, times and locations of public weigh-in sites are listed on the website; private sites promote their own weigh-in dates and times.
- Provide confidential weigh-ins during the week of January 21-27 and weigh-outs the week of April 1-7. You can designate the days and hours you will weigh participants as long as the times are within the designated weigh-in/weigh-out weeks.
- Enter the participant weights into the Scale Back Alabama database – we’ll provide the link after both the weigh-in week and the weigh-out week. It’s easy to do!
Is my organization eligible to be a weigh-in site?
Any organization is eligible to participate so long as:
- It agrees to fulfill the responsibilities listed above.
- It is located in the state of Alabama.
- It plans to recruit at least 3 teams of 2 and hopefully many more!
Will I have support?
Everything you need to run a successful local weigh-in site and promote the contest is included in the weigh-in site coordinator toolkit, including fact sheets, promotional emails, suggested activities, team registration forms and much more.
Ready to sign up to be a coordinator?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we get your email, we’ll forward you the link to go online and register. Please include the following information in your email:
- Your name and contact information (email and phone).
- Your organization’s name.
After you register you will have access to resources, including our coordinator training and planning toolkit. (Don’t forget to include “email@example.com” in your email pass list so you can get our emails).