Here are a few items and programs to help maintain healthy eating habits and exercise. Visit these sites to learn more!
- ADPH Nutrition and Physical Activity
- ADPH Office of Women’s Health: New Leaf…Choices for Healthy Living
- Be Healthy
- BMI Calculator for Adults
- National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability
- Shape Up America!
- Surgeon General’s Call to Action: Overweight and Obesity
- USDA SuperTracker
- Wellness Council of America
- Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries
- Alabama Farmers Market Authority
- Alabama Grocers Association: Eat At Home Alabama
- American Diabetes Association
- Barber’s Dairy
- CDC: Fruits and Vegetables
- Choose My Plate
- LiveStrong: MyPlate Calorie Tracker
- Make a Good Choice: ReThink Your Drink
- Southeast United Dairy Industry Association, Inc.
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss campaign designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first challenge in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.