The Scale Back Alabama School program is an additional component of Scale Back Alabama that gives school personnel the opportunity to be healthy role models for their students, and for the school to be entered into a drawing to possibly win nutrition and physical activity-oriented prizes. See our flyer for information on becoming a 2020 Scale Back Alabama School!
2019 Scale Back School Winners
First Place: Moores Mill Intermediate School (Coordinator: Michelle White)
Second Place: Opp High School (Coordinator: Rita Drew)
Third Place: Haleyville High School (Coordinator: Michael McCandle)
Thank you to all of the schools that participated in 2019! You’ve set a great example for your students and faculty.
How To Participate in 2020
Becoming a Scale Back Alabama School is easy!
- Sign up for Scale Back Alabama. Your school will need a coordinator to get started.
- Schools that decide to be a weigh-in site (public or private) must register at least 3 teams of 2.
- All schools (K-12) participating in Scale Back Alabama will automatically be enrolled in the Scale Back Alabama School program. Students are not allowed to participate and weight loss for students is not being encouraged.
- Scale Back Alabama Schools receive special recognition and are entered into a school drawing for prizes that promote good nutrition and physical activity habits for the students. These prizes are in addition to the team and individual drawings for cash prizes. View Past Winners.
- If your school does not have a coordinator or you wish to be a weigh-in site, check the Scale Back Alabama website for a public site in your area so you don’t miss out on the fun! Be sure to let us know your school teams are using a public site so it’s still eligible for prizes.
Contact Molly Killman at (334) 206-5646 or by email at email@example.com about participating in our 2020 challenge.
Scale Back Alabama (SBA) is a free statewide weight-loss campaign designed to encourage Alabamians to get healthy and to have fun while doing it. Since the first challenge in 2007, Alabamians have lost more than one million pounds!
Scale Back Alabama is designed to address the state’s challenge with obesity; however, we caution individuals to check with their health care provider before beginning a new exercise or diet regimen.