The Scale Back Alabama School program is an additional component of Scale Back Alabama that gives school personnel the opportunity to be healthy role models for their students, and for the school to be entered into a drawing to possibly win nutrition and physical activity-oriented prizes.
How To Participate in 2018
Contact Molly Killman at (334) 206-5646 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a Scale Back Alabama School is easy!
- Sign up for Scale Back Alabama. Your school will need a coordinator to get started.
- Schools that decide to be a weigh-in site (public or private) must register at least 3 teams of 2.
- All schools (K-12) participating in Scale Back Alabama will automatically be enrolled in the Scale Back Alabama School program. Students are not allowed to participate and weight loss for students is not being encouraged.
- Scale Back Alabama Schools receive special recognition and are entered into a school drawing for prizes that promote good nutrition and physical activity habits for the students. These prizes are in addition to the team and individual drawings for cash prizes. View Past Winners.
- If your school does not have a coordinator or you wish to be a weigh-in site, check the Scale Back Alabama website for a public site in your area so you don’t miss out on the fun! Be sure to let us know your school teams are using a public site so it’s still eligible for prizes.
2017 Scale Back School Winners
Congratulations to our 2017 Scale Back School winners:
- 1st Place: Hayden Middle School (Hayden)
- 2nd Place: Caldwell Elementary School (Scottsboro)
- 3rd Place: Pick Elementary School (Auburn)
Thank you to all of the schools that participated this year! You’ve set a great example for your students and faculty.
2016 Scale Back Alabama Schools Winners
- 1st Place: Athens High School (Athens, AL)
- 2nd Place: Robert C. Hatch High School (Uniontown, AL)
- 3rd Place: Monroe Intermediate School (Lower Peach Tree, AL)